It's now official - I'm a NASCAR Fan!! Don't get me wrong - I'm not obssessed. I just found out that I really enjoy it! Sunday, our company's president took me and two of my co-workers/friends to the Talladega SuperSpeedway to watch the NASCAR race. I went in really only knowing minimal stuff about the "sport" (mainly from my friend Kristie) but walked away just loving it. As soon as those drivers started their engines and all the noise started, I fell in love! Of course, I'm sure it'll be like any other sport where I can't stand to watch it on TV so I guess I'll just have to start dragging my husband to a couple races every year. I'm sure he's THRILLED to hear this news! :-)
Contest: First one to figure out whose car we're standing in front of in the picture gets a prize! (And Stephanie and Becky are not eligible!)
6 comments:
Oh my goodness. Please say it's not true. I can't talk to you anymore. First you get a Southern accent, then you start liking country music, and now NASCAR?????!! I don't know you.
Re: Contest - Will Ferrell?
Yeah!! Julie gets a prize!! She won (even though she insulted me in the process). So your prize is (drumroll please!)... A REAL Christmas gift from me!! Everyone else will get fake ones. OK fine, maybe I'll have Ann Catherine draw you a special picture and we'll actually put it in the mail for you this time! :-) Or maybe I should disqualify you since you didn't give me his character's name ("Ricky Bobby").
Hey! You can't disqualify me. I was about to use his "real name," but I didn't know how to spell it (Ricki? Bobbi?). And, actually, I was totally joking. I didn't know any NASCAR drivers, so I guessed Will Ferrell, thinking I would be wrong. I guess I just can't help being brilliant. And I will expect my prize promptly. Why don't you just give me Ann Catherine herself? That'd be the best present ever.
Trust me - she'd probably take me up on the offer to ship her up your way!! She'd much rather live with you (or so she says).
Oh - and don't worry. I didn't know how to spell Ricky Bobby either. I had to google "Will Ferrell & Talladega Nights" to get it! :-) But I can tell you that it's now at the top of my movie rental list. Of course, I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time I managed to rent a movie!
I am so glad that you had fun! I would love to go to a race. If you can't drag Brian to one - let me know - I'll go with you! We can leave Brian and Greg home with the kids! :)
I don't believe you. Next you'll be wanting us to go to the Indy 500 with you. (Wait, is that different from NASCAR?) Bryan has an uncle who is a racecar driver of some sort. I don't know what kind. He drives fast is all I know. Anyway, maybe you could sweet talk Bryan into getting you into the pits at one of his uncle's races.
Also, I knew how to spell Ricky Bobby without looking it up, so I think I should get a real Christmas present from you.
Post a Comment