Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sad News

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I must give you this bad news: My son has lost all of his curls. Well, he didn't exactly lose them - they were just cut off. Yes, the day finally arrived for his first hair cut. My mother-in-law and I took him to see Ms. Penny for the first time on Saturday because the poor child was starting to look way too girly and pretty when Ann Catherine puts her hair bows in his hair. So, we decided it was time for his first hair cut. I'm sad to report that all his pretty curls in the back are gone. But on the positive and very happy side, he looks WONDERFUL!! And he looks sweeter than ever. He was such a big boy and sat in my lap the whole time she cut his hair. He never once cried or tried to get away and he just sat quietly, waiting on her to finish. Granted, he looked a little confused - especially because Ms. Penny and I were working so hard to save every one of those curls to put in his baby book. But he did so well. And, hopefully, I'll remember to go home tonight and take a picture so that I can actually post it on the blog. Sorry I haven't done that yet but I did want to break the news. Of course, the other good news is that Ms. Penny looked very carefully at his hair once it was done and said that his curls would return so we have that to look forward to sometime in the near future!

4 comments:

julie said...

I bet he looks adorable! What a cutey-face.

Unknown said...

Where's the picture?? He's such a cutie that it doesn't matter if he's got curls or not.

Mary Ann Cupples said...

Will is a cutie and no matter whether he has curls or not, it is still handsome just like his daddy. Brian did not get his curls back after his first hair cut not at least until he got older then they came back.

Mom

Cathy said...

I got to see him, too, since his first haircut. The curls are gone, but he's as cute and sweet as ever. And ACTIVE!