Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Ann Catherine!

Well, my baby girl has officially turned 7! I can't believe we have been blessed with her presence in our lives for the past 7 years. Time truly has flown. She seemed to have a great birthday! She's been begging Brian and I for a year now to come eat lunch with her at school. It's so difficult with our work schedules to be able to do that, but this year we promised her we'd come and eat lunch with her on her birthday. So, Friday afternoon, Brian and I met up and went down and picked up lunch for the three of us at McDonalds and then went to her school to eat lunch with her in the cafeteria. Of course, everyone was jealous of her McDonalds lunch! But they seemed to be happy when we pulled out a giant cookie and cut it up into 20 pieces for all of her classmates! Between that and the present we brought her from my co-workers, she was the hit of the afternoon and everyone was begging her to play with them on the playground at recess. I think I bought my child's popularity!! Anyway, we also let her be a car-rider for the afternoon so Nanny went and picked her up from school. Then we took her to Chuck E. Cheese for her birthday dinner and let her play the games. Of course, the best part of the dinner there was watching Will play with Chuck E. Cheese. The costumed character came out about half-way through our dinner and Ann Catherine was scared, as usual. We expected that. But we did not expect Will's reaction. He saw Chuck E. and wanted to go play!! He ran over there and kept waving to him until he got Chuck E's attention. They waved at each other and Chuck E. started dancing. Will started dancing right along with him. The only thing he wouldn't do was give Chuck E. a hug when he tried to hug him. But he sure didn't mind dancing with him and waving goodbye. Anyway, after that, we went back to Nanny & Pappy's house to eat cake. Ann Catherine went to bed exhausted but with a huge smile on her face!!

Now she's thrilled to be getting ready for her second birthday party at Mina & Parker's house on Saturday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You definitely bought your child's popularity, but I think that's how it works in elementary school. That's great she had such a good birthday! But why didn't you get pictures of Will dancing with Chuck E. Cheese???

Amanda said...

Unfortunately, none of us remembered to bring the camera!!

julie said...

Sounds like she had the best birthday a girl could ask for! I think I'll have Jeremy take me to Chuck E Cheese for my birthday, too. And maybe he can bring me McDonalds at work. :-) I'm so glad to hear that she was a very popular girl. Hopefully that will continue.

Yeah, I would have loved to see Will dance with that big mouse (is that what he is?). So cute. It's funny how he and Ann Catherine are so different!