Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our First Snow!!







OK - so it wasn't really our "first" snow but it was definitely the largest snow we've had all winter! This past Friday, it started snowing about the time we got home and it didn't stop till somewhere in the middle of the night. We ended up with a little over 3 inches. OK - for you people (which includes just about everyone in my family), where 3 inches sounds miniature just remember that we're in TENNESSEE where we get ice and an occasional little spurt of snow which never measures more than an inch and that's about it. So, we're happy for what we can get - especially if it happens over a weekend where we don't have to worry about getting in our cars for any reason! Anyway, Brian had promised the kids that he'd help them build a snowman if it ever snowed here and they finally got their chance Saturday morning. So, I've included all the pictures for everyone to enjoy! And I'm sure you'll especially enjoy knowing that Will was wearing blue socks on his hands since we couldn't locate his gloves (we haven't needed them all winter!). And, I'm sure everyone will enjoy Brian's attempt at making a snowman. We don't keep the prerequisite carrot and coal on hand so we had to improvise. We put in some black jellybeans! Well, that's what the eyes are. By the time we got to the mouth, Brian realized that they tend to melt (?) on the snow so he just drew in the mouth and buttons. We all had so much fun! And I'm glad we went out when we did because it was all pretty much gone by Saturday night.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you posted the pictures. Remember how exciting 3 inches of snow was when we were kids in Korea? I remember trying so hard to build a snowman with just a little dusting of snow on the ground.

julie said...

Thanks for sharing these. I love the socks on the hands! It doesn't look like it bothered him too much. Those are great pictures.

Cathy said...

That looked like so much fun! I love the black jelly bean idea, even if they did tend to melt. All the better to eat, my dear! Can't wait to see you soon.