Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer's Here!

Oh my - has it seriously been a month since I last posted? I'm so sorry. Of course, pretty much only my family reads this so I'm sure you understand.

This month has been nuts with all of the end-of-the-school-year craziness! We've had end-of-the-year Girl Scout parties. We've had end-of-the-year Children's Choir and GA parties. We've had end-of-the-year Children's Choir concerts. (And Ann Catherine even got to play a musical instrument on one song!) We've had numerous end-of-the-year school parties, including a Family Day picnic, PJ & Movie party, Game Day, etc. It's been nuts. On top of it all, we've had illnesses so we've missed a lot of work and have had to crazily try to cram all the make-up work into our normal work. Needless to say, we're tired.

The good news is that SUMMER'S OFFICIALLY HERE!! All the church stuff is done so our Wednesday nights are free. Today's the last day of school so I won't have to hightail it down to Spring Hill every day to pick up Ann Catherine. I am definitely going to enjoy my little extra moments of downtime now that I don't have to worry about homework. We even had fun last night! Brian worked a little late, Will got to spend a couple hours with Nanny & Pappy and Ann Catherine and I had Girl's Night. Actually, we were supposed to have a Girl's Night. We got our dinner ready, picked out our movie, turned the movie on and ate a couple of bites of our food and someone knocked at the door! And that someone was a BOY!! And he wanted Ann Catherine to come out and play!!! She was all grins as she ditched me and walked off with this little boy who lives down the street from us and is in her class at school. I was so shaken that I even forgot to find out where they were going and to tell her what time to come home!! We had to walk up and down our street to figure out which house he lived in (Brian found her by hearing her giggles and watching her hair fly in the air behind a fenced in yard where she was bouncing on a trampoline!). We even caught them HOLDING HANDS as they walked back home last night! Of course, Brian was a nervous wreck the whole time she was gone so he decided it was a good night to go on a walk with Will and then to do some yardwork while he made me walk around with Will! He can't stand to have her out of eyesight and playing outside with her friends. He's convinced someone will run off with her. So, anyway, we had fun working out in the yard while we waited for her to return home.

Something tells me that I've lost my little girl's free nights to backyard romps through the neighborhood and playing on tramploines and swingsets of her friends. And, even though I get twinges of nervousness too and give her long lists of safety reminders before she leaves, I'm so happy and excited for her. What a fun stage of life to be in!

Now if I can just hold on to my little boy a little bit longer...

3 comments:

julie said...

Yay! You're back to blogging! (Not that I'm one to talk.) That is so adorable. I'm surprised Ann Catherine agreed to go play with him, but that's awesome. She's getter braver. And I bet he has a crush on her! So cute. You should have gotten a picture of them holding hands. Does this mean all her other boyfriends are history? :-)

Unknown said...

So how did Brian feel about Ann Catherine holding hands with a boy? So cute. That's nice that she has a friend in the neighborhood. And you better get used to her ditching you for a boy! She's growing up so fast!

Cathy said...

She's such a sweetheart and so pretty, you may as well get used to this. Let's just pray for her, that she keeps her sweetness and joy. And I'm so proud of her, too, for being so brave as to go out to play with him. I think your little boy is going to stay little a while longer. So you can relax and just enjoy him. Although, once girls start to notice that sweet smile he has...!