Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

Well, actually, it's not rain that I want to go away. It's a hurricane!!! There's another pesky one churning and heading for the Gulf. And I want it to go away! Brian and I have been keeping a wary eye on the weather reports and now we're worried about our chosen anniversary trip location. Since it's on an island off Mobile and has had more than its fair share of hurricanes, we're a little nervous. Luckily, we haven't put any money down on it yet so we aren't out any money if this place is damaged or blown away. But that also puts it at risk for someone else reserving it! And then we're back to square one of looking for a nice place to stay. So please join us in praying that this hurricane (and all others following behind it over the next couple months) will just go away!!!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Hmmm, I can see why you're a little anxious. That could be bad. Maybe you'd just better come to Indianapolis, find some nice little bed and breakfast and let me keep the kids here. We don't get hurricanes! And of course there are tons of romantic things to do here, like...umm...go the the art museum...?

Amanda said...

OOOOOOHHHHH! YUCK! I don't think I would ever choose Indy for a second honeymoon. I love visiting you and the Children's Museum is fun but I don't like anything else about that town. Now, I might consider letting you watch the kids up there while we run to Madison, Indiana. Now that would be fun!

julie said...

Amanda - When is your anniversary trip? Maybe it'll all be cleared up by then.

Amanda said...

Not till October. It's not really that I'm concerned about the trip itself. I'm just concerned about putting a $300 deposit down on a place that may or may not still be standing after the hurrican season ends. Ah - the joys of choosing to vacation at the beach in hurricane season! :-)