It's been a really bad week. I have a few other choice words I could use to describe this week but I'm afraid Mom would yell at me next time she sees me so I'll hold myself back. So it's just been a REALLY bad week.
We're still passing the bugs around. We thought Ann Catherine had the flu earlier in the week. She spent two days sleeping and complaining of her stomach hurting every time she was awake. Her doctor swears it's not the flu and just a stomach bug so there was nothing they could give her to make her feel better. Luckily, she seems to be back to the land of living today. Unfortunately, Brian just called to say that daycare almost called us today because Will seemed really cranky and kept complaining of his stomach hurting. We can't catch a break!
Brian and I are swapping illnesses as well. He and I have both had a nice sinus infection several times in the past couple weeks. I was sick last weekend, better earlier this week and, today, woke up yet again severely congested. I'm sick of being sick. And we've used so much tissue in the past couple days that we're now officially out and using toilet paper because I'm not feeling well enough to head back to the store!
As if bugs weren't enough, we had a job loss added to it. Not ours, but Brian's parents. How in the world is someone supposed to go from having the same, wonderful job for 17 years just to find out that it's been taken away from you? They're scared and we're scared for them. So we're all facing adjustments in the next couple months as they figure out where God is now leading them.
So no fun blog posts this week. No fun and witty things to think of. My brain's in too much of a fog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amanda, I am so sorry and wish I could be there to help you out for a few days. I don't think that's possible right now, but maybe I could come help out on a weekend soon. I'll talk to Steve. In the meantime, we continue to pray for you and your family, as well as for Brian's parents. My heart goes out to them, as I try to imagine what they're experiencing.
Post a Comment