Saturday, March 7, 2009

Winter's Last Blast

I'm posting this a little bit late but I wanted you to see our winter's last gasp here. At least I hope it's our last blast of winter!!! I'm ready for Spring and warm breezes like the ones I woke up to this morning!

This past Sunday morning, we woke up to a winter wonderland. Well, it may not have been a wonderland to my northern family (especially if you live in Canada!), but to us Southerners, it was a wonderland! We had two inches of snow and it was beautiful and pristine. We decided to skip Sunday School and spent an hour in the yard throwing snowballs and making snow angels. Ann Catherine had a ball creaming snowballs into Brian's head (only to discover his bald spot gets REALLY cold, quickly!). And Will enjoyed throwing snowballs - well, his little baby version of it in the form of a fistful of snow not so tightly packed together. Unfortunately, he couldn't quite tolerate the snowballs aimed at him!

After an hour of playing, we went back in and got ready for church. By the time we were out of the worship service, it was mostly gone. So sad, but, as I said before, I'm ready for Spring so I wasn't too upset at having to say goodbye to the snow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, what cuties! (not Brian) Love the pictures. Next time, Brian, wear a hat so your bald spot doesn't get so cold.

Cathy said...

Such fun! I'm so glad you took the time to all go out and play in the snow. I suspect that God was pleased to see you taking that beautiful gift of snow and time to play in it. I must say, the thought of warm spring breezes sounds very nice. We've had a few days that were close to that. Saturday we even had our windows open, mainly to get the smell of fresh paint out of the house, but it really did feel good.

julie said...

Thanks for posting the pics. Love them! Your family is so much fun. I'm glad you like to play together.