You can tell our new church with its very new style of worship for our family is starting to rub off on us. And all those people who say that children should go to their own children's church instead of worshiping with the adults are truly missing out. They're missing out on what I saw.
I was driving down the road with the kids in the car and had a new CD playing. It was a CD of contemporary praise and worship songs. I had been wanting a CD or two to play as I was driving in the car with music that we sing at church so that I can learn them a little better and know them as well as I know my beloved hymns. Brian found a few at work I could borrow so I had a new favorite playing in the car.
And then, over the buzz and craziness of the rush-hour traffic and over the cluttered thoughts running around my mind, I heard a voice. Singing. I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw a sweet little girl singing along to the music with her sweet loud voice. Singing with her eyes closed. And her hand raised in the air.
Don't tell me kids don't learn from us in worship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so sweet. What's that verse about how God has ordained praise from the lips of babes? Anyway, reminded me of that. She has such a sweet voice. Maybe she'll be a praise team worship leader someday!
One, I love that little girl so much! What a wonderful picture I have of her, really praising the Lord with her voice and body. I wish I could see her to give her a hug and a kiss.
Oooh! I love your new blog layout. So pretty.
Post a Comment