Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandpa!




I think this was officially the shortest weekend of my life! We left late Friday afternoon and headed up to Indy and then left early Saturday morning to end up in Ohio just to turn around and head back to Nashville early Sunday morning. Travelling for three days straight certainly makes it feel like the weekend is almost nonexistent but it was so worth it! We took this crazy trip north to celebrate my Grandfather's 80th birthday. It was a surprise party, although he's so good at sniffing out surprises that it wasn't too much of a surprise. But he certainly seemed to enjoy having everyone there. And I think he was really surprised that we made the trip that far - especially considering we were there only 2 weeks ago.


I always love spending time with my grandparents and now, as an adult, it's especially sweet to be able to watch my children play with and build relationships with my grandparents. Ann Catherine is always shy and a little nervous to come out of her shell with them but Will has just fallen in love with both of them and is always running up to them to get hugs and play. I love seeing that my children love my grandparents as much as I do and I really hope and pray that they grow into beautiful adults full of memories of their great-grandparents the way I have memories of my great-grandparents.

1 comment:

julie said...

I'm so sad we missed Grandpa's birthday party. It sounds like it was really fun. Did Grandpa act surprised? I'm really glad I didn't accidentally let it slip when I was on the phone with them the other day. I wasn't sure if it was a surprise or not, but kept quiet just in case. Anyway, I can't believe how blonde Will's hair is! He looks totally different. (But as cute as ever.)