Friday, December 7, 2007

My Baby's Big BooBoo


Well, you can't really tell from the picture, but my poor sweet baby has a boo-boo. There is a small, elevated platform in his daycare room where they keep a few toys and some books for the kids to play with. Well, the child decided he had to play with a toy at the bottom of the little platform. So, instead of walking down the two steps to get it, he decides to lean over to grab it - and managed to fall head-first down the two little steps. The fall wasn't far but the boo-boo is enormous!! Well, at least to my mommy eyes it's enormous! I say it's about 2 inches. Brian says it's only one. But we sure didn't disagree on the fact that it was a scary looking bump on his head! Of course, I had to call the nurse-line at the pediatrician's office and they told us the signs to look for to know if there's a problem and when to bring him into the ER. They also told us to wake him up after four hours of sleep! That's not fun to do with a 2 year-old. Not only were we supposed to make him wake up - he had to wake up enough to walk and talk conherently. Not fun! Luckily, he woke up on his own about 20 minutes before the alarm was set to go. Unfortunately, he then stayed awake for the next four hours! Needless to say, Brian and I both are exhausted! Anyway - I hope he likes the color purple because, according to his pediatrician (whom he saw yesterday for an ear & sinus infection - he's falling apart), this bump will probably stay around for the next week or two and will turn lovely shades of purple and all the other bruise colors later on! Yeah - more reasons for people to look at us funny because of my son's head!!

7 comments:

Brian said...

I am waiting for that first broken bone.

Unknown said...

That's right...at least he didn't break anything. And besides, he's still adorable even with a huge purple bump on his forehead!

Cathy said...

That's a pretty nasty bump. I think it needs a Mina kiss. See that he gets one, okay?

julie said...

Poor baby! I think he needs an Auntie Julie kiss, too. I guess he was just being a boy - adventurous and brave! (And scaring his momma half crazy.)

But what a big boy he is! He looks so different (even despite the bruise). Tell him to stop growing up.

Amanda said...

Julie - you can't imagine how much this kid has grown - not just physically but he can TALK!! He can actually carry on a semi-conversation with you. Last night, he saw Ann Catherine get up from the dinner table to get something in the living room and he said, "What you doing Sissy?" It's weird!

julie said...

Wow. I still think of him as being a tiny baby! It'll be weird to hear him say actual sentences. Do you think he'll remember me?

Amanda said...

I think so. He may be a little shy at first but he doesn't stay that way long! I know we talk about Julie and Jeremy and he can say both your names. And when we ask if he wants to see you, he says "yes." So at least we keep your names familiar.