Well I am so proud of Ann Catherine! I'm always proud of her but this weekend, I was especially proud of her. Friday night was her Girl Scout induction ceremony. That's where she had to say the pledge and get her pin to become a REAL Brownie! I was stressed out all day because I knew Brian had to work, which meant I had to keep Will under control while trying to convince Ann Catherine that she really could get up in front of all of these parents and say her pledge and whatever else was required of her. We were late (as usual) getting there, so we walked in to a room full of people. Her troop leader called all the girls up as soon as we got seated, which gave Ann Catherine no time to take a deep breath and argue with me that she wasn't going to be able to do this. She looked at me with a very stricken face, but took off her jacket and marched up there. And would you believe, that girl did it!! All the girls said the pledge together. Then, they individually had to come up to the troop leader and tell why they were there and then the leader did a little chant while turning them around which I vaguelly remembered from my Girl Scout days and had her look in a mirror and say who she saw ("ME!" - Does this sound familiar to anyone else?). Believe it or not, she actually walked up to her leader when it came her turn and quietly said why she was there. But when it came time for her to say "Me," she said it loudly and clearly and almost like she was a little surprised to really see her face in there! Anyway, they pinned her and announced that she was a real Brownie now! I am so proud of that girl!
Sorry I don't have any pictures of it. Ann Catherine was wonderful but Will was a BEAR! He was quiet, but wouldn't stay on my lap and kept wanting to go get the wall full of snacks that we just happened to sit down next to. He saw food and that's all his little mind could think of. So, needless to say, my hands were too full to take pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aww, I'm so proud of Ann Catherine for getting up in front of all those people! I vaguely remember the mirror thing, too, from when I was a Brownie. Anyway, give her a big hug and a congratulations from her aunt. And good luck keeping that Will in line!
That's okay that you don't have pictures. You described it well enough that I can clearly imagine it. I'm so proud of her, too. She has braveness deep down inside of her when she really needs it. That's the important thing. And Will - typical man! Always thinking of the food. :-)
Tell Ann Catherine how proud of her we are, too. I would have just loved to be there to see her take that important step. That's a very brave thing for a little girl to do, especially when she's shy around crowds. And what would you do without Will? He keeps your life exciting...and energetic!
Ann Catherine has been so brave during this whole ordeal with her arm. I went yesterday with Brian and she didn't even make a sound when they put a new red cast on her arm and pushed on the arm to get the bone a little straighter. I was so proud of her.
nanny
Post a Comment