I hate waiting. I'm too impatient to wait. I can't stand suspense because I can't stand to wait to find out what's going to happen. I'm ready to hit that fast-forward button!
I'm waiting for vacation to hurry up and get here. I'm done with the preparations (with a few minor details). I have bags of stuff I've bought in the past few weeks waiting to be packed up. I have my reservations made, my directions printed, and my packing list ready. I'm waiting for the weekend when I can do the laundry and start some of that packing.
I'm waiting for our up-in-the-air church decisions to be made. I'm waiting for Sunday to come so I can complete my job at FHBC and prepare to move on to where God is directing our family. I'm waiting for vacation to end (well - kind of) so that we can start visiting the new church we're more than likely going to end up at. I'm waiting to find out if this is where God is leading us and if this church will provide the answers to the prayers that I've starting praying over the past couple years for friendships and fellowships for our family that have been sorely lacking in our lives.
I'm waiting for the school year to get started. The school supplies have been gathered (mostly) and now we're just waiting to find out who will be Ann Catherine's new teacher, and where her room is, and which of her friends will be following her in the new room.
I feel like I have so many new stages in our family's life (or minor events in some cases) that are laid out before me and there's nothing I can do but wait. And I hate it. I'm fidgety at work. I'm restless at home. I know I have some loose ends to finish up but I'm out of energy because the anticipation is starting to wear thin.
Right now, time is not my friend. I have too much of it in front of me and it's moving too slowly. It's weird to know that in a couple months, I'll feel like I need time to slow down. I'll need time to catch my breath and more time to finish the jobs I have to do. I guess, in a way, I'm waiting for that too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This week seems eternal to me, too. I bet the same will happen next week because I'll be anxious to leave for our trip!
I can definitely understand about waiting! My internship ends next week, and I have no idea what I'm doing after that...
But at least I get to go on vacation! Yay! And then before we know it things will settle down for all of us.
Aha!!! See, you have the Rocky complex, too. Just too much suspense!!! Can't stand it, can you?! I humbly WAIT for your oh-so-long apology to come for harassing me all those years about how...interactive I become with the Rocky movies. NOW you understand, RIGHT? By the way, you do know that God teaches us patience by putting us in positions where we must wait, right? And, if it's any consolation, things really speed up, the older you get. Man, is it getting fast!!
Post a Comment