Well we survived the birthday party! And it went off beautifully! We had 15 kids show up so that put us at a total of 17 kids with my own two. It was a little wild but we had a few very sweet parents volunteer to stay (including my in-laws) and they seemed to have as much fun as the kids did! I even watched Brian and his mom slide down the gigantic inflatable slide together (and then went on to have a hard time getting back on their feet to get OFF the slide!). Brian and his dad even climbed into one of the bouncing inflatables with Ann Catherine and a few other girls and they all sat in there giggling, jumping, and throwing balls at each other. Towards the end of our bouncing time, the kids seemed to get a little tired of playing on the inflatables and instead declared war on Brian and Pappy. They just stood there in the middle of the room and threw all the balls at the two guys! Luckily, these very special men are good daddies and just little boys at heart so they just threw all the balls back at the girls.
After our bouncing time, they all went in to the party room for cake, ice cream and opening presents. I really thought Ann Catherine would have a hard time sitting in the special party chair and open her presents in front of everyone, but she really did well and had fun being the center of attention for a moment. Later, after we were home and getting ready for bed, I asked her if she had a good time and she said she had so much fun. I asked her what her favorite part was and she said it was the presents. Surprise, surprise!
The Party Room!
Friends from school and Girl Scouts - and the picture was actually taken by AC herself!
Ann Catherine and one of her friends from school
Happy Birthday to You, Ann Catherine! Cha-Cha-Cha!
7 comments:
HOW FUN!! I wish I had been there. Mostly to see Ann Catherine and all her friends - but also to chuck plastic balls at Brian's head. Was he bruised? Anyway, I hope AC had a fantastic time. I can't believe she's getting so big. Tell her to stop growing up. She needs to stay our little girl forever. (Did Will get in on the ball-throwing action?)
Will could have cared less that he was basically the only boy in the bunch. He ran around so much that his hair was dripping with sweat at the end. And the girls had a blast playing with him too!
Julie: What do you mean "chuck plastic balls at Brian's head"? You only say that because you know that I would not throw the balls back at a pregnant lady. I had so much fun with all the kids and to see Ann Catherine and Will having so much fun.
That looks like so much fun!! I wish I could have been there, too. I would have played in the bouncy thing the whole time. Except when I was chucking plastic balls at Brian's head with Julie. I'm so glad Ann Catherine had a good time and came out of her shell a little. Good for her!
WHY ARE YOU ALL THROWING BALLS AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Because your head is such a big, inviting target, Brian.
DUCK FOR COVER, BRIAN!! We'll get you soon.
Post a Comment