Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bugs

It's been a week of sickness. One after another, we've all had it. And not the same "it." We've all had different types of "its." Ann Catherine had strep last week and is now possibly working on the flu. At the very least, it's just a good cold.

All week long, I've been fending off a cold. Thank you, Lord, for Airborne! It's kept the worst of the symptoms away. But while I've managed to avoid the worst symptoms, I'm still awfully tired.

Will has battled both a cold and an ear infection that refuses to go away. He's now on his third medication for this ear infection and even had a shot on Thursday because it won't go away. When Brian called to say he'd had a shot, I sweetly asked Will if Daddy had kissed his boo-boo. He said no and whined. And in the background, I heard Daddy yell, "I'm NOT kissing your boo-boo!" Turns out he had the shot in his sweet little cheek (not the one on his face, of course!). That was his first shot in the...Well, I can't say the word because Mom would yell at me. Anyway, be praying for him - he goes back in two weeks and if it's still not gone, he has to have a shot a day for three days. Not fun. And very expensive!

And poor Daddy. He was so sweet and forced me to stay in bed all week since I was so drained at the end of the day. He worked hard to feed the family and keep the kids away. He even spent a week sleeping in Will's bed which, I can tell you from experience, is not a good way of getting rest. And poor Daddy still didn't manage to avoid the bug. He is now working on a cold of his own. And he's also avoiding me - not to keep me from getting it again. He's just avoiding me because I keep shoving Airborne down his throat!

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to spring. I'm looking forward to fresh air. And I'm looking forward to the bugs dying in the warmth of the sun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a sweet husband! Sorry to hear everyone is sick. Just keep thinking about family vacation!

julie said...

I hope you all start feeling better. That's no fun at all.