Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pretty Baby

I've officially decided that there's nothing better than getting to hold your brand-new niece for the first time. OK - well maybe it's not quite as wonderful as getting to hold your own child for the first time. After all that hard work and all that time waiting (not to mention the fact that it's YOUR child), it definitely qualifies for first place. But holding your newborn niece definitely comes in a close second.

And what a precious baby she is, too. We had so much fun getting to hold Piper and play with her this past weekend. AC pulled out her bravery and held her new cousin and enjoyed it till Piper started fussing. Will seemed to care...kind of. He was slightly interested but I still don't think Piper was able to take the place of SpongeBob in his heart. Of course, maybe I'm wrong. On the way home Monday night, he asked me if we were going home to see Mina and Parker. I told him no and that everyone had to go home. He started wailing and screaming, "But I want my Piper! I love her!" What a sweetie!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! Isn't it great being an aunt? I'm so fortunate to get to be an aunt to 3 such beautiful, unique children.

julie said...

Awww, that's so sweet! I'm glad Will loves his Piper. And I know Piper absolutely loved Ann Catherine. We had a great time!

Cathy said...

Oh, that is so sweet of Will! He really is a sweetheart, even if he does seem to prefer his Parker over his Mina. He's a boy! And I loved seeing Ann Catherine. She's always my Sweetie. And now there is our darling Piper. We are just so fortunate to have 3 wonderful daughters, 2 wonderful sons-in-law and a wonderful son-in -law to be, and now 3 sweet sweet grandchildren. God is very good.