1. Well, the number of our grandfishes is starting to waver. There were eight at the beginning. But for the past week or so, we've only been able to find one or two. We know for a fact that two were sucked up to Fishy Heaven. Yeah, they're currently drying out in the filter at the top of the tank. So, even though we were sad to see a few meet their early demise, I have to admit, we were breathing a little sigh of relief. We knew from all our fishy research that we could only have two fish in the size tank we chose for Ann Catherine. So to suddenly have 10 fish in that tiny tank, we knew we were in trouble. But really, for the past week or so, I've only been able to find two fish so I breathed a sigh of relief and figured that the other four had become lunch for Mickey and Minnie Fish.
And then last night rolled around. And Brian started counting. And that mean old man managed to find five fish last night. So we're back to square one with being over our fish quota for that tiny tank.
2. Our little Will's arm is now breathing a sigh of relief. Actually, his skin is finally breathing a sigh of relief. I took him to the orthopedic doctor yesterday and, after a good review of his newest xrays, she pronounced him healed. No more cast!!! Of course, when she tried to send me home with nothing on his arm, I was a little hesitant. Both times Ann Catherine broke her arm, they had her wear a soft brace on it for a couple days. So not having this doctor offer a brace made me a little concerned. So I gently asked about a brace. Nope - she didn't think he needed one. He still has a small open spot on the bone and the muscles in his arm need to move to push that back into place. Ummm...OK. So I told Will, "OK, let's go to daycare!" She stopped, she paused, she stared at Will. And then she asked me THE question, "Will he start running around and becoming wild at daycare?" Ummmm...YEAH!!! She then and there decided that having him wear a soft brace on his arm for the next ten days would probably be a good idea - but only at daycare. Yeah, I think that's a good idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So we still have an extra few great-grandchildren...I mean, fish, huh? Such fun you are having! Oh, that it's you and not me! And I'm very glad our little Will's arm is healing so well, or has healed so well. And I'm REALLY glad that she decided to put that soft cast on for ten days. Yeah, Will and daycare are a broken arm's worst nightmare, I would guess!
Love,
Mom
I mean soft brace, not soft cast!
Mom
Mommy always knows best! Nice, quick thinking on your part to think of the daycare sentence to get the doc's attention.
Post a Comment