Monday, May 10, 2010

What It Takes to Be a Man

According to my son, in order to be a man, you need the following:

1. A watch
2. Keys
3. A belt
4. A wallet

He's now the proud owner of a free SpongeBob watch from Burger King. (Yes, I admit it. We took him to dinner there one night just to get the watch.)

He's forgotten about the keys, but he did nag me daily until I went on a date with him and bought him his very first belt. He now walks around lifting up his shirt and announces, "I'm a man now" as he proudly displays his new belt.

Next on his list for me to buy: a wallet. Guess we'll be shopping this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! So our little Will is now a man! If he doesn't think about the keys until we see him, maybe we could find some old keys and buy him a keyring to put them on. What do you think? We don't want to stunt out little boy's maturity, do we!

Love,
Mom/Mina

Amanda said...

Oh, he'd definitely love any old keys you have! He keeps stealing Brian's keys so we'd love to distract him with his own set.

Rachel Carpenter said...

This is adorable. I guess these are the things he sees Daddy with? Next he'll think that in order to be a man you need to be balding! (Ha! We love you, Brian)