Monday, July 14, 2008

Spritzer Fans & Wedding Bubbles

Has it really been so long since I last posted? I'm getting really bad at this whole blogging thing. I think it's because I feel lots of pressure (self-applied of course!) to make sure I post a picture with whatever I have to say and we have a tendency to intend to take the camera with us to work and forget about it in the rush to get out the door. I think we keep forgetting that we actually have a computer at home now and we could download pictures from home!

Anyway, part of the craziness keeping me so busy is vacation! I have NEVER prepared more for a vacation in my life than I have this year. I love my vacations where the only planning I have to do is make a packing list, make Simon's kennel reservations, and make sure the oil is changed in the car. This year, though, I have spent HOURS preparing and organizing. I'm exhausted and need a vacation from my planning! But, in a way, I'm never enjoyed myself more and have never been so excited about a vacation before.

I have now made a little planner book that has pictures, descriptions, and other useful info of all the rides/shows we want to see in each park (thanks to my friend Stephanie's suggestion). I have created and ordered customized maps of each of the parks from Disney's website. Our tickets have arrived and our budget has been refigured. We discovered the joys of street-level views from Google Maps (where you can actually SEE the place you're going to) and have found out that the hotel we're supposed to stay at coming and going is in a NASTY area of town across from a NASTY truck stop so we're now looking for another hotel. We've located Brian's classic Disney CDs to play non-stop in the car for the next three weeks so the kids will know all the songs before we get to Disney. We've even started renting classic Disney movies so the kids will know all the characters and stories (can you believe they have never seen the Lion King, Sleeping Beauty, or Beauty and the Beast?!?! What kind of Mom am I?).

But the latest (and most fun) has been my shopping list! Two weeks in a row I have worked on my shopping list. I have bought shorts for me (yes, I finally broke down and bought myself some clothes) and Ann Catherine (who has shot up ANOTHER size suddenly). I have bought ponchos and little hand-held fans which spritz water at you (a HUGE recommendation from other Disney frequent-travellers). I've bought water bottles to keep filled with ice water at Disney and have bought a special little backpack to carry around with all our necessities. I'm working on buying little travel games/toys to put in a special backpack for each child for the car trip. My favorite so far, though, has been the wedding bubbles I bought this weekend! I read somewhere where a mom had gotten a whole bunch of the little plastic bottles of bubbles used for weddings and gave them to her toddler son to keep him occupied while waiting in line. What a great idea! So I have 24 bottles of wedding bubbles just waiting for those lines. I can't wait!

Now if only I could find my plastic stroller cover, autograph books for the kids, a poncho for Ann Catherine....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.....

julie said...

You are one prepared Mom. Those kids are going to be in heaven!

Cathy said...

Amanda, I have just one teensy tiny little favor to ask...will you do all my planning, too?! You make me realize I'd better get my head on a little straighter and start making lists. I really need to buy those little fans you're talking about. And the rain poncho. And by the way, do you really think 24 little bubble things is enough? Maybe we need to get a big bottle of bubbles when we get there and you can refill the little bottles if you need to. I can see Will going through 24 in a day all by himself, let alone Ann Catherine! It is exciting to think about, isn't it? So, what little toys are you getting me to keep me entertained?

Amanda said...

My children! They should keep you entertained enough! :-)